Welcome to the site dedicated to The WDM.

Robert Downey Jr., Will Smith. Doctor Who. The Joker... What do all of these people have in common???
Welcome to the site dedicated to The WDM.

During conversations, I'm often stopped and asked, "What is a 'WDM'??" -----> WDM = Well-Dressed Male

A term I thought up years ago, after realizing how many men don't know or care how to dress well. The scene so sparse in fact that when a nicely dressed boy was actually spotted, the sighting sparked a tiny celebration amongst us girls.

That's what this blog is about, appreciating boys in nice outfits. It's pretty simple.

My WDMs range from Modern (suits, street/casual wear) to Period costuming to Fantasy and Cosplay costuming. My only requirement is that you be male, and that I like your style, whatever it is. We applaud you all for caring about what you look like. Or appearing to care about what you look like. :D

Also expect to see hair-related posts.. I'm a fan of boys with fun/nice/interesting hair.

I use my term 'WDM' to promote a good thing, going forth through the internet with images taken from red carpet events, videos, magazines, films, shows, candids, whatever! to use those pics for good, and not evil.

Awesome for your eyeballs. You're welcome.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Will Smith

Another one my Celebrity Husbands. How does he keep doing it? Just look at him:

He knows it's awesome, too! I say it's Jada Magic.







It's notoriously NOT easy to rock the plaid prints, but Will pulls this off, no problem.






Not only did he wear the print, he wore the three-piece! Is it Jada Power!??
No, it's just WILL SMITH.
Nice.








Dark on darks will always be one of my favorite looks. And oh yeah, I loved Hancock! XD


2 comments:

  1. I agree- he rocks silks, ties, and well-fitted suit jackets. :) I like him in darker colors, as I like most men in darker colors, because there's such a suaveness to it. But plaids...the man can do it! He's another WDM I'd love to see in Regency garb (with all that tailored outfitness).

    On a side note....is it just me, or are there noticeably more black WDMs than white WDMs? I wonder if, culturally, black men can dress themselves better? (on the high end...because I certainly don't endorse pants falling off the butt and backward baseball caps, which is a cross-race thing men under 30 who are blue-collar or below seem to be doing these days). Or maybe they just have a natural confidence and attitude which really makes them rock the WDM look better than other races? (Like how Latino men can do that confident thing really well). Hrmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, do you mean on my blog or in life! LOL

    WDMS cross all the race lines, for sure, but you will see spikes higher in certain areas. I've had the opportunity to do extensive observations on many male issues across various cultural lines. :D
    I have so many people in my queue, from varying groups, but other major WDM factors are age, and economic and societal status. How old are they, do they have money, what kind of work do they do, other interests, are they popular/well-known/celebrities or respected by others around them? That has a lot to do with how men dress, I've personally noticed.

    I've noticed that men with more financial resources and who travel in circles with people with more financial resources, they will often dress like it.(Not always, I've know some wealthier males who did not make much effort) Money and social circles, I've noticed, are factors that cross racial groups.
    I'm not saying that men who aren't wealthy can't or don't dress well. It's just that there are varying degrees of styles and people work with what they have.

    There's also age. I've noticed that of the younger guys I know or knew, from a multitude of cultural backgrounds--few of them were ever well-dressed. Unless there was an occasion. Particularly at college. The exception to age thing--younger guys who had more money AND traveled in older crowds of the same financial status as them, they'd dress better. Just like I notice younger male celebrities also dress better, since they're expected to for events and being in the public eye.

    Other factors are just cultural, like the HipHop look. Not to be confused with just thuggish/gangsta street style.
    A Casual Hip Hop style guy may be wearing jeans, sneakers and a shirt with team or even sports jacket thrown over it, and maybe even a baseball cap, it all looks very casual, but if they are celebrities, it's possibly the top of the line everything.
    As long as it's put together, and NOT total garbage, like way too oversized pants that are literally sliding off, than I consider that HipHop flavored. :D
    As for crossing over....Hiphop style crosses over because as said on Glee "Blacks and Gays make culture". I am not even kidding you. That's exactly what the character said. F-ing hilarious. And people totally nodded at this, because I guess this is how it's perceived. LOL Whatever is being done within these cultures will eventually become screamingly popular with people totally outside of those cultures. The same with anything remotely Japanese.

    As for confidence and different types of males...
    Some of that is "Othering", and how someone outside of a culture *perceives* others of a different culture, and then some of it is fairly on target. I've had the opportunity to be social with men of a variety different cultures, so I have my own personal opinions there. That is a whole other huge subject that would require the peeling of way too many layers than I can attempt to tackle here and now. LOL

    ReplyDelete